THANK YOU - For daring to reclaim your Teenage Fire!
Your personal commitment to the growth of healthy young men is a tradition that our civilization still depends upon, now more than ever! This training explores and re-frames your own teenage experience. Whether it was terrific or a terror, letís bring back the fire! If you are to guide and champion teenage boys, then you must know both your teenage gold and shadow.
Friday-Sunday, May 3-5, 2013 | Camp Mattatuck - Plymouth, CT
Participant: $195 New Mentor
Staff: $60 Adult | $0 Journeymen (under 18)
Do not mail forms after Fri April 13th; contact Registrar instead.
IIncludes all meals & Friday and Saturday night housing. Make checks payable to BoysToMen New England or
- Friday, May 3 - Staff to arrive by 6:00pm
- Friday, May 3 - Participants should arrive between 6:00pm – 7:30pm.
- Friday, May 3 - 8:00 PM RTF begins
- Saturday, May 4 -10:00 PM RTF concludes (approximate)
- Sunday, May 5 - 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM Introductory mentor skills training (optional)
- Sunday, May 5 - 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM "All-hands" ROPA planning session (optional)
Meals Provided: Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner; Sunday breakfast and bag lunch to go
You can call the site, and others can reach you during the weekend, by calling (860) 283-9577
Sleeping will be in cabins on site; JMen may stay in tents.
- Mentors: It is absolutely necessary to bring a photograph of yourself as a teen. If you have none, bring a surrogate that can embody the teen you, even if from a magazine.
- Completed forms — Confidential Medical Record & Liability Release — if not sent in advance.
- Unpaid registration/staff fees
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Camp gear: insect repellant, sun screen, flashlight, Ö
- Toiletries; toothpaste, toothbrush, Ö
- Recreational drugs and weapons are prohibited.
- Speak in a manner that models respect, honesty and integrity. Avoid obscenities.
This training is the first step towards fuller participation in one or both of the upcoming Boys To Men weekends and year round programs;
- Rite of Passage Adventure Weekend, Dummerston,VT, boys age 12 to 17, Contact Jeremy Richman for more info: 781-789-9227 or email@example.com
- Serve as an adult mentor and attend a once or twice monthly JourneyMan circle (aka JGroup).